Life’s problems won’t seem so overwhelming when you have a helping hand.
I understand more than anything you want to feel better.
My focus is on listening to your specific concerns, what you want from therapy and your life as a whole, and developing a specialized approach for you. I will provide my professional expertise, bring clarity and insight into what you are going through and then support you to decide what you want to focus on at a pace that is comfortable to you.
My ultimate goal of counseling sessions is to facilitate a safe environment to assist you with gaining keen insight into your life, so you can make effective life changes through positive life choices.
My Training & Experience
LCPC; Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor
- Private Practice & Outpatient Clinician
- Creator of Chai Pro, a Self-Awareness App
- School Counselor
- M.A. in Professional and School Counseling
LMT; Licensed Massage Therapist
- 6th Grade Teacher
- M.S. in Elementary Education
15+ years experience with CAM (Complimentary Alternative Medicine)
- Aromatherapy: therapeutic-Grade Essential Oils
- Energy Awareness: Chakras; Archetypes; Meridians
- MindBody Awareness: Meditation, Relaxation, Mindfulness, Yoga
Pathways to Wellness
There is a direct correlation between staying healthy and stress reduction. Unexplained shoulder or back pain, migraine or tension headaches, constant “butterflies” in your stomach, hair loss, sleep problems, lack of concentration, nervousness, chest pains and fatigue can all be signs of stress. By practicing techniques that help manage stress, you’ll be taking big steps in improving your health and overall quality of life.
- Pet Therapy
We are often reminded to exercise our bodies but neglect exercising our brains. Because our cognitive functions peak at age 30, it’s very important to do all we can to keep our brains fit as we age. Like our bodies, there are many things we can do physically, emotionally, and nutritionally to keep our brains healthy.
- Therapy & Medication
- Fitness &Stable Sleep
- Food & Supplements
- Healthy Relationships
- Mind Exercises
Music is one of the few activities that involves using the whole brain. There are many physical, mental and emotional health benefits that music can provide.
Music has shown to be effective for:
- Infant Development
- Sleep Quality
Did you know?
- The rhythms in the brain are organized by the same principles as music.
- Your brain processes music differently than language and mathematics, yet music can influence your proficiency in each.
- Musical processes that engage in the womb may affect you for the rest of your life.
- Calmness requires more of your body’s energy than alertness, and music can help you set the balance between the two.
- Music, like scent, has an immediate neuro-pathway that can bypass your thinking brain and directly affect your emotional state.
- Musical ability is natural to the human species and not just a rare talent.
- Your brain waves can be turned into musical notes using a computer and a mathematical algorithm, and that music can help improve your sleep, mood, and even on-the-job performance. (from the book Your Playlist Can Change Your Life, by Galina Mindlin, MD, PHD, Don Durousseau, MBA and Joseph Cardillo, PHD)
More than just Aromatherapy!
When any scent is inhaled, the odor molecules travel up the nose where nerve cells trigger electrical impulses to the olfactory bulb, which is part of the limbic system of the brain.
The sense of smell is the only one of the five senses directly linked to the limbic lobe of the brain, our emotional control center. That’s why you can walk into an antique store and have flashbacks of your grandma’s house; or smell a certain perfume and be reminded of someone.
The limbic system is deep inside the center of the brain and includes the:
- Hippocampus: important in converting short term memory into long term memory
- Amygdala: plays a role in the storing and releasing of emotional trauma
- Hypothalamus: governs growth hormones and neurotransmitters such as serotonin.
Because the limbic system is directly connected to the parts of the brain that control heart rate, blood pressure, breathing, memory, stress levels, and hormone balance, therapeutic-grade essential oils can have profound physiological and psychological effects.
Living a life of Balance
I am constantly working on staying balanced in my life. I do this by being intentional around my own need for exercise, sleep, good nutrition, creativity, play and time with friends. I am by no means perfect at this whole balance thing! If I was perfect at it, I wouldn’t be human though, right?!
On a deep level I understand that life happens; struggles happen; things that we don’t expect do happen. Taking care of myself helps ensure that I cope more effectively with the challenges life throws my way.
I’ve experienced several major life challenges and I can honestly say, I have come out the other side a deeper, calmer, more understanding, and more intentional person.
Now when I push too much in one direction, I try to notice it and bring myself back to my core values and intentions. I truly believe that I cannot help others unless I do my own personal work, and continue to do so on a daily basis. I know that psychotherapy works. It is an invaluable tool for growth, healing, new perspectives and change.
I am committed to working with you effectively and efficiently to create the long-term emotional, physical, mental and spiritual changes that you need, want and desire.
Contact me now for a free phone consultation.
Your best self awaits you…